Not many tickets from prewar Japan Pro Baseball games survived World War II. All tickets in this lot are thought to be from the late 1930s and are "invitation tickets", meaning that the tickets were given out at no charge to a player or
other person associated with one of the teams, or more likely a sports journalist or photographer. The six tickets are as follows:
1. upper left: game of 10/8/1939 played at Koshien Stadium
2. upper right: game of 7/3/1938 played at Koshien Stadium
3. center left: game of 4/18/1939 played at Koshien Stadium
4. center right: game of 11/10 with year unspecified played at Nishinomiya Stadium. We do know that the ticket emanates from the period 1936-38 because it is listed as part of the fall season. Japan Pro Baseball was divided into Spring
and Fall seasons only during those three years.
5. bottom left: game of 5/19/1937 played at Nishinomiya Stadium
6. bottom right: game of 10/9 with year unspecified played at Koshien Stadium. Again, we know that it is a 1936-38 ticket for the same reason as above.
This is an opportunity for the advanced ticket collector to obtain a group of early Japan pro baseball tickets.
Size: All tickets are 3 5/8" x 2 1/4".
Condition: Range: Vg to Nm. Average: Ex to Ex/Mt